Top 10 ways having a brain scramble is like being knocked up
(the title was all Kara):
10. The most frequent incoming call on our phones is the automated doctors appointment reminder.
9. Short-term memory...what was I going to say? Oh yeah, we don't have it any more. That makes for fun shopping trips.
8. We have no control, and therefore, no accountability for, our emotions. If I burst into tears because the line at K-Mart was too long, you must comfort and console me. If Kara comes up with new, even more colorful, names for stupid drivers (think, "ass-pie"), you must encourage her creativity.
7. We no longer have control of our bodies. This includes: bodily functions and fluids, emotions, awareness, energy levels, hunger, and body temperature, just to name a few.
6. We no longer have impulse control. If I even think for one second about a pumpkin pie blizzard from Dairy Queen, I want one immediately (guess I know what's for dessert tonight!). If Kara sees something shiny in the store, she might just have to have it. This may not be the best for our wallets and waistlines, but it sure can be fun sometimes!
5. Friday nights were once spent at the "library" having fun and enjoying a few adult beverages. Now, I'm lucky if I can stay awake long enough to see Kara's bored facebook posts.
4. We used to enjoy an adult beverage from time to time. Now I slam organic milk and she rocks the Ensure.
3. We now both need pillboxes to keep track of our meds.
2. Instead of comparing tattoos, now we compare track marks from blood draws.
And the number one similarity between brain scramble and being knocked up is...
1. Neither one of us has any clue how to deal with this mess we've gotten ourselves into. But no matter what happens, she'll make sure my kid has a crazy amount of Aunt Kara love, and I'll make sure she puts her shoes on the right feet. :o)