So here's the update:
1. Re: Breastfeeding. Well, I gave it up upon returning to work. We got to the point where I think Holden just saw nursing as his appetizer, and 20 minutes later he was hungry again, like, every time he ate. SO...we switched to all formula, and...
2. Re: Cluster Feeding...it stopped! Now that we are on all formula, he's full longer. We are both happier for it! Oh, and he eats MUCH faster from a bottle...so now it doesn't feel like eating is all we ever do! Hooray!
3. Re: Binkies...First of all, in our house, it has become known as, "The Binkster." And surprisingly, Holden isn't really a big fan. Occasionally it helps him fall asleep, but he's recently discovered something way better than The Binkster...
The Thumbinator! Much, much better idea...as he can't drop or lose The Thumbinator, and the cats can't steal it!
4. Re: Sleep...I am getting LOTS more of it! I know other moms hate me for this, but I have the best baby in the world when it comes to sleep. At around 2 months old, Holden started sleeping for about 11 hours, with us waking him up just once before we went to bed for a quick feeding. Well, as of about a week ago, we've even dropped that feeding. He sleeps from about 7pm-6am! And when he wakes up to the sound of the coffee pot in the morning, he just lays in bed with The Thumbinator, smiling and laughing at his mobile contentedly until someone comes to get him. It's pretty amazing, and I'm quite sure that by admitting it publicly, I've probably just jinxed myself.
5. Re: Strangers...I guess once your baby looks like a baby and not a tiny little peanut, people chill out a little. At this point, we get a lot of smiles and a couple of "how old?" questions, but people have generally stopped trying to touch Holden without permission. This is a good thing.
6. Re: Noises & Bodily Functions...yeah there really hasn't been much change here. He still puts frat boys to shame. He's getting better at the keg stands too.
7. Re: The "Fountain"...yeah that still happens. The good news is that it's not nearly as often. The bad news is that because it's not as often, it's much more of a surprise, and I am less prepared with the quick reflexes! Also, he can hold more in there at a time, which never ends well...
8. Re: Preparedness... Oh we've got this one down now! I'm pretty sure that every time we leave the house, we could probably all 3 survive on what is in the diaper bag for at least 3 days. Bring it on, apocalypse!
9. Re: Faces...He still makes the BEST faces. And now, they've gotten even better! He actually smiles! On purpose! Even his sad face is adorable:
10. Re: Baby clothes... Cute things on the butt and feet are still a major bonus, as are ears. I don't think this one will get any less cute for quite a while. Now if he's 19 and still wearing hoodies with bunny ears, we may have a problem. But for now, I'm going with it.
The most amazing change though, is that he's gone from this:
|3 Weeks Old|
|3 Months Old|